Having a comfortable, attractive smile is important to many patients. A big part of how you are perceived depends on your smile. After all, it is one of the first things that people notice about you.
For adults, traditional orthodontics can seem cumbersome and inconvenient. That is why, at Trinity Dental Care, we offer our patients an alternative to bracket-and-wire orthodontics.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an innovative technology that uses clear aligner trays to gradually move your teeth into an ideal functional and aesthetic position. Invisalign works best for older teens and adults looking for a discreet alternative to braces.
Treatment times for Invisalign vary based on your individual needs. We will complete a full evaluation and provide you with an estimate of your treatment time and your cost, and explain your potential outcome. Our experienced dentists will answer all of your questions and provide you with the necessary information so you can make good decisions regarding your oral health.
How Invisalign Works
Once we determine you are a good candidate for Invisalign, we will take impressions of your teeth. We will send your impressions, along with digital x-rays, diagnostic images, and your treatment plan, to our trusted dental lab, where they will create your aligner tray series.
We will instruct you how long to wear each set of aligner trays – usually about two weeks each – before changing them out for the next set in the series. Wearing your trays for most of the day will help your treatment stay on track. You can remove your aligner trays to eat, drink hot liquids, and clean your teeth.
During your treatment, we will monitor your progress. We can adjust your treatment as necessary to ensure the best outcome.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Clear means discreet! No one will notice you are in treatment.
- Since your aligner trays will fit snugly, you will be able to speak easily and get used to wearing them quickly.
- Invisalign is comfortable! Unlike traditional orthodontics, you can avoid painful sores on the insides of your cheeks due to rough brackets. The translucent plastic of Invisalign is smooth and comfortable.
- Your aligner trays are removable, and you can take them out to eat and clean your teeth. This is a big benefit over traditional orthodontics, which requires special dental floss along with extra effort to stay clean.
- Invisalign provides a solution to common conditions such as overcrowding, spacing, overlapping, and poorly aligned teeth without the cumbersome feeling of brackets.
Call Us to Schedule an Evaluation
If you are wondering whether Invisalign is right for you, call our Westwood dental office today and schedule an appointment. we can provide you with all the solutions you need to achieve a healthy, beautiful smile.